Board of Directors Committee Composition
The following webcasts contain forward-looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance of the Company that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based on a number of factors, including those identified in the company's annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 1, 2013. These presentations may also contain references to non-GAAP financial measures. A presentation of and reconciliation to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, where such can be done without unreasonable effort, can be found on our Web site at http://ir.netflix.com. The forward looking statements are made as of the date of broadcast and the Company undertakes no obligation to update such forward-looking statements.
|Audit||Compensation||Nominating & Governance|
|A. George (Skip) Battle|
A. George (Skip) Battle has served as one of the Company's directors since June 2005. Mr. Battle was previously Executive Chairman of the Board of Ask Jeeves, Inc. which was acquired by IAC/InterActiveCorp in July 2005. He was Chief Executive Officer of Ask Jeeves from 2000 to 2003. From 1968 until his retirement in 1995, Mr. Battle served in management roles at Arthur Andersen LLP and then Andersen Consulting LLP (now Accenture), where he became worldwide managing partner of market development and a member of the firm's executive committee. Educated at Dartmouth College and the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Mr. Battle currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Fair Isaac Corporation, a director of Advent Software, Inc. OpenTable, Inc. and Expedia, Inc., and a member of the board of the Masters Select family of mutual funds. He was previously a director of PeopleSoft, Inc.
The Company's Lead Independent Director is responsible for:
- Coordinating the activities of the independent directors, and is authorized to call meetings of the independent directors;
- Coordinating with the Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary to set the agenda for Board meetings, soliciting and taking into account suggestions from other members of the Board;
- Chairing executive sessions of the independent directors; providing feedback and perspective to the Chief Executive Officer about discussions among the independent directors; and helping facilitate communication between the Chief Executive Officer and the independent directors;
- Presiding at Board meetings where the Chair is not present; and,
- Performing other duties assigned from time to time by the Board.