Board of Directors Committee Composition
The following webcasts contain forward-looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance of the Company that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based on a number of factors, including those identified in the company's annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 1, 2013. These presentations may also contain references to non-GAAP financial measures. A presentation of and reconciliation to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure, where such can be done without unreasonable effort, can be found on our Web site at http://ir.netflix.com. The forward looking statements are made as of the date of broadcast and the Company undertakes no obligation to update such forward-looking statements.
|Audit||Compensation||Nominating & Governance|
|A. George (Skip) Battle|
Ann Mather has served as a member of our board of directors since July 2010. Since September 2005, Ms. Mather has been a director of Glu Mobile Inc., a publisher of mobile games. Since November 2005, Ms. Mather has been a director of Google, Inc. and serves as chair of its audit committee. Since May 2010, Ms. Mather has been a director of MoneyGram International, a global payment services company, and serves as chair of its audit committee. Ms. Mather is also a director of Ariat International, Inc, a privately held manufacturer of footwear for equestrian athletes. Ms. Mather was previously a director of Central European Media Enterprises Group, a developer and operator of national commercial television channels and stations in Central and Eastern Europe, Zappos.com, Inc., a privately held, online retailer, until it was acquired by Amazon.com, Inc. in 2009, and Shopping.com, Inc., a price comparison web site, until it was acquired by eBay Inc. in 2005. Ms. Mather was chair of Shopping.com's audit committee, and a member of its corporate governance and nominating committee. From 1999 to 2004, Ms. Mather was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Pixar, a computer animation studio. Prior to her service at Pixar, Ms. Mather was Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at Village Roadshow Pictures, the film production division of Village Roadshow Limited. From 1993 to 1999, she held various executive positions at The Walt Disney Company, including Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration for its Buena Vista International Theatrical Division.
The Company's Lead Independent Director is responsible for:
- Coordinating the activities of the independent directors, and is authorized to call meetings of the independent directors;
- Coordinating with the Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary to set the agenda for Board meetings, soliciting and taking into account suggestions from other members of the Board;
- Chairing executive sessions of the independent directors; providing feedback and perspective to the Chief Executive Officer about discussions among the independent directors; and helping facilitate communication between the Chief Executive Officer and the independent directors;
- Presiding at Board meetings where the Chair is not present; and,
- Performing other duties assigned from time to time by the Board.